Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position Status: Paid Part-Time
Reporting to: The Pastor
Preface: This position requires an attitude of lifelong learning to improve office operations supporting the congregation’s mission. This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
Essential Job Results:
- Provide administrative support for the pastor, church council, and congregation.
- Collect and distribute mail from local PO Box.
- Manage telephone and online communications.
- Maintain congregational records in Shepherd’s Staff (membership, finances, contributions)
- Maintain congregational activity/event/service/meeting calendar.
- Work with Pastor/Music Team to prepare service folders. Print, Copy, Fold.
- Enter service attendance and post offering data in Shepherd’s Staff.
- Prepare Payroll for congregation and IEC employees.
- Pay Immanuel’s bills, maintain records in Shepherd’s Staff, complete financial summary report.
- Pay IEC bills and maintain financial reports.
- Publish and distribute the Immanuel Messenger, monthly newsletter. Record and submit hours worked to Pastor for approval. Reconcile checkbook for the congregation & IEC.
- Prepare and submit quarterly payroll taxes.
- Prepare year end offering statements and next year’s offering envelopes for congregation members
- Prepare and submit W2’s and 1099’s
- Coordinate CHP benefits for covered employees
- Maintain office, supplies and technology. Provide office related budget information to the Council.
- Maintain IEC tuition data. Receive tuition payments and manage special financial needs.
- Cooperate with pastor by performing other administrative tasks when asked to do so.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; at least six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various software such as MS Office, Google Apps and Shepherd’s Staff.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing and keeping track of information.
- Problem-solving skills: listening, interpreting & meeting the needs of others; diagnosing problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable tact and diplomacy in relating with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements for this position are close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Office Environment: Typical office building with most work performed at a desk using equipment such as PCs, phones, faxes, and paper files.